So here is the deal, readers…I’ve missed you. Since my last post I have been MIA. My boss, Ruby, quit. PRAISE EVERYTHING HOLY!! However, due to this fortunate yet untimely change, my life has been pushed into overdrive, and I have had absolutely no time to do anything with my blog except take two seconds to look, sigh, and move on to my next task for the day. I am the only one to cover the entirety of this office. Can you say stress?? We are interviewing for a replacement, but until we hire someone I am sad to say I won’t be posting daily. However, by some blessing today I noticed I had a comment. It was from znjavid, a wonderful writer, mother, and now friend who I owe my first award too. She has nominated me for the Liebster Award. Basically, the Liebster Award is a “favorite blog award”, as Liebster is the German word for favorite, beloved, or dearest. It is meant for smaller blogs with less than two hundred followers to help expose them to the world and help them discover other new and upcoming bloggers. Thank you girl! You rock!!
I will ignore my guilty conscience and voices yelling at me telling me I don’t have enough time to do this and get my ass back to work, and enjoy for a couple of minutes the triumph I deserve.
In order to formally accept this award, the nominee must do several things
- Link back and recognize the blogger who nominated me.
- Answer ten questions given to me by the blogger who nominated me.
- Nominate ten other bloggers for the award.
- Create ten questions for my nominees to answer.
- Notify my nominees.
Here are my ten questions to answer:
- What is your blog about?
I’m still fairly new at the blogging, and I haven’t decided what my blog will be about except that it is whatever I want it to be that day. I want to be able to “say anything.”
2. Describe yourself in one word.
3. Who is the most important person in your life?
Not a fair question. I have to go with God.
4. How much time do you spend on writing every day?
Not enough time, especially lately.
5. Do you have any other hobbies besides writing?
Music. Is. My. Life. I can’t sing or play an instrument, but I sure as hell can listen the crap out of good music. =)
6. What is your favorite food?
Today, it’s homemade egg rolls, because I am starving and my brother sent egg rolls to me for lunch. I love that boy.
7. If you found a pot of gold what would you do?
Buy a house with a yard, and travel with Matt.
8. If you could be a famous personality who would you be?
Diana Gabaldon-my favorite female writer.
9. What is your favorite invention?
Hot water and plumbing.
10. What is your favorite feature on WordPress?
The Daily Reader. I love reading other people’s works.
And now for the nominations (In No Particular Order):
- In Harmony
- Meredith Clarke
- Catching A Scent Of Salt
- The Expressible Cafe
- The Silver Leaf Journal
- My Kaleidoscope
- Sincerely, Ms. Roberts
- Rob’s Surf Report
And here are the 10 questions for the nominees to answer:
- What is your favorite genre of music?
- Describe your life in three words.
- If you could change one thing in history, what would it be?
- If you were arrested, who would your one phone call go to?
- If you had the opportunity to permanently exterminate one species of bug from the planet, what would it be?
- If you could choose how you die, what would you choose? (Too morbid? Too bad…answer)
- What is your favorite thing about nature?
- Favorite writing utensil?
- Favorite food as a child? Favorite food now?
- What is your worst fear?